We are looking for a Portfolio/hedge fund Manager with a proven track record in global macro multi-asset fundamental and quantitative/systematic type of strategies and has a thorough understanding of the global capital markets, regulatory conditions, and challenges that the financial industry faces.
As a Portfolio Manager you are responsible for generating investment views, researching and developing investment strategies, constructing investment portfolios, creating portfolio and risk management tools needed to support these activities and ultimately responsible for the investment performance.The investment funds are invested in listed securities, divided into (sub) asset categories (Equities, Government Bonds, Corporate Bonds, High-yield Bonds and Emerging Market Debt Bonds) and financial derivatives.
Ostrica is a technology and knowledge rich company which, due to its academic and quantitative background, has been able to develop itself into a successful fintech asset manager. As an active asset- and risk manager, we offer our solutions and services to HNWI, companies, foundations and institutional clients. We have positioned ourselves as a niche player in developing a unique mix of quantitative and fundamental investment strategies over the last decade. Ostrica embraces an Anglo-Saxon working model whereby performance is key for both customers, staff and management. Team members are all professionals with a high level of freedom and responsibility in achieving targets that are aligned with customer needs (85% of the upside with 50% of the risk).
Ostrica’s unique ‘man & machine’ investment concept enables the Portfolio Management Department to realize Sharpe ratios of 1 as opposed to passive trackers with Sharpe ratios of 0.3. Every investment decision follows through a 3-step procedure of signal generation (alpha) – portfolio construction (risk management) – portfolio implementation (cost of execution).
Ostrica’s portfolio management department processes several million of data items per day through a layered system of several hundred of programmed investment decisions. Current strategies are maintained with rigorous research as to keep Sharpe ratios above 1. New strategies are extensively back tested. Artificial Intelligence techniques are an integral part of the research process as to further optimise parts of the investment process.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
- Minimum of 5 years significant work experience in the Financial Industry – focussed on Asset Management
- Portfolio manager with a global macro view, experienced in managing multi-asset fundamental and quantitative strategies
- Is in possession of a relevant Masters’ or PhD Degree – (preferably) in economics, econometrics, finance or mathematics
- Demonstrated analytical, abstract and problem-solving thinking ability
- Proven success working with large data sets and developing investment strategies
- Experienced with programming languages e.g. Python, SQL, VBA
- Must have superior communication skills – in English both verbally and in writing, knowledge of Dutch is an advantage
- Highly structured with respect to planning, meeting deadlines and working processes
- Has desire to work within a collaborative, team driven environment
- Strong quantitative/research skills with ability to use them in creative ways (new research ideas/ trading strategies, creation of portfolio and risk management tools)
- Strong skills in portfolio design, construction, management
- Able to operate in a dynamic environment where job responsibilities and requirements are constantly reinvented
- Proactive with a strong drive to work on projects both independently and in a team
- Gets things done
- Internally motivated to embrace lifestyle of a global macro hedge fund manager
- Self-starter, can-do mentality, creative, open-minded with strong willingness and commitment to continuous learning
- Loves to read and is ever curious about markets and the economy
- Experience in trading, CFA charter are a plus
- Have an important role in supporting investment team holistic macro view across all asset classes and regions
- Translating existing and initiating new research projects with a goal of creating new profitable investment ideas
- Design and implement various investment ideas, with a focus on hedge-fund style strategies to complement our existing suite of investment strategies
- Collaborating across the organization to improve workflows, reduce operational complexity and automate manual tasks
- Ensuring efficient and correct execution of the investment policy
- Focusing on deliverables and results
- Quality testing and researching potential weaknesses or inaccuracies in our models and databases and updating the information
- Monitoring risk, trading, performance and attribution of the Ostrica and Perlas funds
- Monitoring the adherence to applicable regulatory frameworks
What do we offer?
- A innovative company with professionals with academic background in the field of science
- Results driven work environment with a focus on owning and taking pride in your work
- Competitive salary, including a good pension scheme and full travel reimbursement
- Achieving customer performance goals (85% of the upside with 50% of the risk) results in sharing in performance fees
- We offer an entrepreneurial environment with a high degree of freedom and responsibility
In our growing and dynamic organisation, you can find a workplace which offers you freedom and responsibility right from the start.
Do you want to grow together? Get in touch!
Please send your resume and motivation letter to recruitment@Ostrica.nl.
Acquisition in response to this job opening is not appreciated.
We hebben een vergunning van de AFM, zijn lid van Dutch Securities Institute en de Vereniging van Vermogensbeheerders. Ostrica is aangesloten bij Stichting Klachteninstituut Financiële Dienstverlening.
© Copyright 2019 Ostrica | Privacy- en cookieverklaring