Ostrica’s right of existence is simple: Helping to realize an optimal return at an acceptable risk. We have been doing this since 1997. We are data driven and use quantitative models, offering clients dynamic protection aimed at achieving absolute returns. We invest c. €800 million. Our founders and management also invest through Ostrica, this shows our (our customers and ourselves) equal shared interests.
We use a self-developed multi-factor valuation system with machine learning and artificial intelligence that continuously looks at which companies are the most attractive in terms of valuation. The investment universe contains 20,000 stocks and 80,000 bonds worldwide. Enough options to be able to implement our active selection and protection policy.
We believe a personal connection is important. For our customers, this manifests in warm relationship management, where customization and proactive thinking are self-evident. Internally for our employees, this manifests itself in a working environment where passion and enthusiasm are a standard and we stand with and for each other as a team. Our team is offered a working environment where performance is of course key, this is achieved together within a family culture and with a high degree of freedom, responsibility & ownership.
Our organization has:
A license from the Dutch Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) as an investment institution, and The Dutch Central Bank (DNB) supervises our activities, and we are affiliated and registered with the Dutch Securities Institute, with the result that we also subscribe to the behavioural guidelines drawn up by them for this sector. Additionally we are in continuous consultation with, among others, the Ministry of Finance and Kifid to ensure that our services are at top level!
What do we expect from you?
Your main responsibilities:
- Support the business by maintaining and further extending the data infrastructure and the applications used for reporting, trading, client servicing, etc.
- Work in close cooperation with all stakeholders in other teams within Ostrica as well as external (IT) parties, data scientists, programmers, providers of market data, etc.
- Oversee and coordinate multiple IT projects simultaneously and manage project teams
- Provide leadership and guide the IT team
- Support in all phases of the development lifecycle starting with analyzing and estimating business requirements, designing, implementing, and testing the solutions, and finally deploying and maintaining the software
Who are you?
You are an ambitious, talented Data Engineer with relevant previous experience (minimum 3 years). You have interest in and (basic knowledge) of our product. You are eager to ‘own’ this job, and you realise that continues improvement is key to make the difference!
What do we offer?
- A monthly salary that suits your experience and background;
- Learning & development opportunities;
- Company pension scheme;
- 25 vacation days;
- Travel allowance;
- A lunch facility where delicious & healthy lunch is prepared daily;
- A passionate, inspiring working environment in which we stand together for results without making concessions on quality;
- And a nice workplace in the easily accessible Amstelveen with enough parking options.
Requirements for this position
- Minimum HBO level – University degree in Computer Science or a comparable study
- Experience in coding in Python and SQL (MS SQL)
- Experience in C# and cloud infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Experience or proven interest in the financial sector
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- (Basic) leadership skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Understanding of Dutch is a plus
Your soft skills:
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills and acute attention to detail
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Proactiveness and willingness to take responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively, constructively and professionally
- Client-oriented with an attention to practice and efficiency
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and do you meet the job requirements? Then send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com for the attention of Brenda Wijnbelt stating: Job Offer Data Engineer.
We hebben een vergunning van de AFM, zijn lid van Dutch Securities Institute en de Vereniging van Vermogensbeheerders. Ostrica is aangesloten bij Stichting Klachteninstituut Financiële Dienstverlening.
© Copyright 2019 Ostrica | Privacy- en cookieverklaring